The Bell Boy / Bell Attendant creates the first impression to arriving guests. Bell Boy duties include greeting guests, directing them to the check-in desk, escorting them and carrying their luggage to their designated rooms. He/
She will assist guests with physical disabilities or special needs at the entrance or lobby if required.
Responsibilities of the job include:
- Checks the daily arrival guests list.
- To be present at the Reception desk or in the lobby to be ready to assist guests, colleagues and visitors when requested.
- Ensure collection and delivery of guest luggage and equipment in an efficient and timely manner.
- Tag baggage it and return the identification slips to guests.
- Assists guests with luggage to the front desk.
- Escorts guests to room, placing luggage in room assigned by front desk.
- Inspects guest room for order and adequate supplies and informs guests of room amenities
- Delivers faxes, messages, packages and flowers to guests rooms and other offices.
- Ensure the efficient delivery and collection of group luggage.
- Ensure that the guest has verified that all luggage has been accounted for.
- Transport departing guests luggage from the room to the lobby, then into a car or taxi after reconfirming with the guest.
- Respond to guest requests and queries providing a knowledgeable, efficient and helpful information service.
- Perform any other works as and when assigned by the management.
Requirements and skills
- Able to speak the English language clearly.
- Ability to Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both verbally
- Able to move the lift, carry, push, pull, and place heavy weight objects
- You should not have any problem with overhead below the knees, bending twisting and pulling.